If you are bored with the Kids then why not…
Covid-19 Crisis: Lockdown – List of restrictions announced – Taoiseach Quotes Terminator 2
Taoiseach Leo Varadkar quoted T2’s famous “No Fate” concept as he has announced a Lockdown as of midnight tonight until Easter Sunday, a two week period. Everyone must stay at home except in specific circumstances.
All non essential businesses will close and people will be restricted to 2km from their homes. A list of “essential” business types will be supplied shortly.
Exceptions to travel ban
- Travel for work where the work is an essential health, social care or other essential service and cannot be done from home.
- Shopping for food or household goods (normal shopping)
- Collecting a pre-ordered meal
- Going to medical appointments or collect medicines and other health products from a pharmacy or similar.
- For vital family reasons, such as providing care to children, elderly or vulnerable people
- For personal exercise.
- Should be brief
- Within 2km of your own home
- Can include children from your own household as long as you adhere to two-metre physical distancing
- Farming activities related to food production and care of animals
- Gatherings of any number of people outside a single household are banned.
- Virus may be in your household unbeknownst to you, please don’t spread it to someone else
- Includes social family visits that are not for vital reasons
- A further range of non-essential shops and services will be closed. The guidance given earlier this week in respect of retail outlets will be revised to reflect this
- Local community centres and adult education centres to shut
- All non-essential surgery and health procedures and any other non-essential health services will be postponed
- Visits to hospitals, residential healthcare settings and prisons are to cease, with specific exceptions on compassionate grounds
- Shielding or cocooning will be introduced for all those 70 years of age and specified categories of people who are extremely vulnerable to Covid-19
- Travel to our offshore islands will be limited to residents of those islands
- Pharmacists will be permitted to dispense medicines outside of the current period of validity with an existing prescription in line with the pharmacists clinical judgement
- Public transport will be closed to most people and available only to essential workers and people providing essential services
- Outside of reasons listed there is to be no travel outside a 2km radius of your home for any reason
See full RTE News Item below: “No fate” quote is around 17:40
This Post Has 0 Comments